Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mission Trip Observations

Well our trip to Arlington went well. It was a great time for our group to serve the Hispanic Bible Church in Arlington. Our contacts were Craig and Barbara Prather, who are Countryside missionaries and work at the church. We ran three bible clubs a day in different neighborhoods designed to create contacts for the church to follow up on. Our programs included games, crafts, skits, puppet show and songs, basically it was a mini-VBS. Our students did a marvelous job of preparing and presenting the material. They took their responsibilities seriously and worked hard to make sure that the kids knew they cared for them, and wanted them to grow in their relationship with the Lord.

I think the part that was the most exciting for me personally was the unity that my group formed with one another. I don't think it was anything that I personally did, but we did a lot of Spirit-led praying. This seemed to do wonders for us and gave us a peace that surpasses my comprehension (hmm seems familiar). I forget how much I enjoy praying with others. There is such a wonderful thing about coming together with brothers and sisters and lifting up requests to the Father. It especially was encouraging to hear our students pray for the bible clubs, for the kids and for one another. Its always encouraging to hear their prayers for one another and the desire they have for God to work in the lives of those they are ministering to. Thanks for your prayers and remind me in a few months to continue praying with them...

To live is Christ,

Jay

No comments: