Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Lord goes before us...

I apologize for the long silent period on this blog. We are in the process of moving which has taken a lot of my time as we searched for jobs, sold our house, found a temporary living arrangement, and then find a place to live in the Metroplex. I'm thinking limiting moves in life can probably increase one's life expectancy by a couple of months! I moved a lot as a child as my Dad took a job in Arkansas, or Oklahoma, or Mississippi. It became pretty common, but this move is the first one I've had in ten years!

I've been reading through 1 and 2 Samuel in my devotional time over the past several weeks. I came to 2 Sam. 5 where the Lord gives David directions concerning his battle strategy. The Lord tells David to wait to attack until he hears the sound of marching in the tops of the trees (5:24), that's the sign that the Lord has gone before him to strike down David's enemies. By this point David had distinguished himself as a great warrior, winning many victories over a host of different individuals and armies. Despite the status he had achieved, his faith will still resting on the Lord for the victory. Praise the Lord that in this time of change and uncertainty that the Lord has gone before us in this move. We can rest our trust and hope on Him to provide and meet the needs that we have. I'll explain in the upcoming days...

No comments: