Friday, January 14, 2011

Update to the 26 goals for 2011

January 12th- Jen stated that she was tired of her computer and wants me to sell it for her. She admitted that she may have trouble, but would transition to a Mac. I said I needed to accomplish one goal every two weeks. So far so good!

Also, instead of convincing Jen to lead us in a hymn every night we are going to have a hymn for every month that we teach Hudson and try to sing regularly together. We've taught him Great is Thy Faithfulness and Amazing Grace over the last two months (more so because they would calm Athan when we sang them). I get to pick the hymn for February...

2 comments:

lizzie54 said...

How about How Firm A Foundation?

Love the 2nd verse:

"Fear not, I am with you, oh be not dismayed
for I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand
upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand."

Those hymns that Mom and Dad "hid" in my heart when I was a kid are still there. Sometimes I am overwhelmed at the presence of God when suddenly I realize He's brought a song to mind for my immediate circumstances.

So proud of you, and how you're raising your boys to follow after God!

Love you guys!!!!!

"Miss" Lynette

Jay Felker said...

Thanks for the kind words, I'll have to check into that one. I was thinking of Be still my Soul or It is Well