Thursday, February 17, 2011

Brotherly Love

The big change around our house of late is the sleeping arrangements. About 2 weeks ago Jen called upset with Athan's nap and said she was ready to move him into Hudson's room. This has been the plan for awhile and she was ready for the move, believing that since neither was sleeping well there was no harm in moving them now. We expected some rough nights to say the least. Hudson can easily lay in his bed till 10:00 p.m. singing and talking, while Athan is still waking up atleast 2 times in the middle of the night. The expectation was that both of them would wake each other up and we would never sleep. To our surprise they have done absolutely terrific with each other!

Last night, as I was going to bed I snuck in there and took these pictures of the boys.
Through this transition I've had plenty of time to reflect on my own childhood and the great fun I had sharing a room with my brother David. We shared more than a room, we shared a childhood. My memories with him center around GI Joe's, Nintendo, sports, and a whole host of other boyhood experiences. We became close friends and that friendship continues even to this day. Most nights as I pray for the boys I ask the Lord that He would grant them conviction to believe in His Son, but I pray for a host of other things for example that they would be lifelong friends united not by blood alone but also in Spirit.

I've often thought there could be no better life than the one Peter and Andrew, or James and John got to lead. They were each called to follow the Son of God on a life changing mission and they got to do so with their brother! What's amazing is that in John 1 when Andrew finds Jesus the first person he goes to find is his brother. That has to say something about the value he puts in that relationship! That's my prayer as well, that when Hudson learns something exciting about the Word, he would go to Athan to share that truth and visa-versa. Nothing could make their father more pleased!

No comments: